Zolio B.V., with its registered office at Veenstraat 22B, 9502 EZ Stadskanaal, the Netherlands is responsible for the processing of personal data as set out in this privacy statement.
9502 EZ Stadskanaal
+31 (0)599 76 72 74
Zolio B.V.’s Data Protection Officer can be reached via email@example.com
Personal data that we process
Zolio B.V. processes your personal data because you use our services and/or because you provide this data to us yourself.
Below you will find an overview of the personal data that we process:
- First and last name;
- Address details;
- Telephone number;
- Email address;
- IP address;
- Other personal data that you actively provide, by creating a profile on this website, in correspondence or by telephone for example;
- Internet browser and device type.
Special and/or sensitive personal data that we process
Our website and/or service does not intend to collect data about website visitors who are younger than 16 years of age unless they have parental or guardian permission. However, we cannot check whether a visitor is older than 16. We therefore advise parents to be involved in the online activities of their children, in order to prevent data about children being collected without parental consent. If you suspect that we have collected personal information about a minor without this permission, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete this information.
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data
Zolio B.V. processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- Processing your payment;
- Sending our newsletter and/or advertising brochure;
- To be able to call or email you if this is necessary to be able to perform our services properly;
- To inform you about changes in our services and products;
- To offer you the opportunity to create an account;
- To deliver goods and services to you;
- Zolio B.V. also processes personal data if we are legally obliged to do so, such as data that we need for our tax return.
Zolio B.V. does not make decisions based on automated processing on matters that can have (significant) consequences for people. These are decisions taken by computer programs or systems, without involving a person (an employee of Zolio B.V. for example).
How long we keep personal data
Zolio B.V. Does not store your data longer than necessary for the purpose for which we collected your data. An example is that we have to keep a (large) number of documents for a minimum period of time on the basis of the law. These documents may contain certain information about you. In those cases, we will only keep the data that is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. After the statutory retention periods, we will of course still delete or anonymise your data. We use the following retention periods for the following (categories) of personal data:
- Obligations to keep accounting records and administration 7 years;
- Delivery of exported goods documentation 7 years;
- Payment statements/invoices 7 years;
- Proof of delivery of orders 7 years;
- Complaints 5 years;
- Inactive accounts details 7 years;
- Notes on customer contact inactive customer 5 years;
- Consent for newsletter subscription 5 years.
Sharing of personal data with third parties
Zolio B.V. will not sell your data to third parties and will only provide them if this is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you or to comply with a statutory obligation. We enter into a processor's agreement with companies that process your data on our behalf in order to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Zolio B.V. remains responsible for this processing.
We use Klarna as the provider of our checkout. This means that we might transfer your personal data in the form of contact and order details to Klarna when the checkout is loaded, in order for Klarna to manage your purchase. Your personal data transferred is processed in line with Klarna’s own privacy notice.
Cookies, or similar techniques, that we use
On your first visit to our website, we will have informed you about these cookies and will have asked for your permission to place them. You can opt out of cookies by setting your Internet browser so that it no longer stores cookies. In addition, you can also delete all information that was previously stored via your browser settings. If you have previously accepted our cookies, you will no longer see this message and you must first delete our cookies.
More information about the cookies we use can be found in our cookie statement.
Inspecting, changing or deleting data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data. In addition, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the data processing or to object to the processing of your personal data by Zolio B.V. and you have the right to data portability. This means that you can submit a request to us to send the personal data we have about you in a computer file to you or another organisation referred by you.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, data transfer of your personal data or request for withdrawal of your consent or objection to the processing of your personal data to email@example.com.
To ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your proof of identity with the request. In this copy, please black out your passport photo, the strip with numbers at the bottom of the passport number and your Citizen Service Number (BSN). This is to protect your privacy. We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks. Zolio B.V. would also like to point out that you have the option of submitting a complaint to the national supervisory authority.
How we protect personal data
Zolio B.V. takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised modification. If you feel that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of abuse, please contact our customer service.
Zolio B.V. has taken the following measures to protect your personal data:
- We use security software, such as virus scanners and firewalls;
- TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure Internet connection. You can tell by the 'https' address bar and the padlock in the address bar;
- We have agreements with all our partners about the way in which they protect your data;
- Personal data that we collect is exclusively stored on data carriers within the EU.
Zolio B.V. Cookie statement
What is a cookie?
Which cookies do we use?
Functional or necessary cookies ensure that our webshop functions properly.
- Remembering and saving the items you add to your wish list;
- Notifying you of an unfinished order so that you don't lose the items in the shopping cart;
- The ability to save your login details so that you do not have to enter them again each time;
- The ability to respond to messages in our web store.
With the help of a session cookie we can see which parts of the website you have visited. This allows us to tailor our service as much as possible to your needs by offering support during your visit to our website for example. These cookies are automatically removed as soon as you close your web browser.
We use analytical cookies, often with the help of third parties, to research shop usage. These statistics give us insight into, among other things, how often we are visited and where we can improve our webshop. This allows us to continuously optimise the experience of our web shop. Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser. With these cookies we collect and store the following data:
- Your IP address that has been made anonymous;
- From which location (country, province and city) you use our website. Your address will remain anonymous;
- Technical characteristics, such as the browser you are using, the resolution of your computer screen, your language preference and which device you are using;
- From which page you came to the webshop;
- When and for how long you visit or use the webshop;
- Whether you use the functionalities of the webshop.
For example, creating a wish list, placing an order or viewing previous purchases - Which pages you visit in our webshop We use these cookies, for example, to:
- Keep track of the number of visitors to our webshop;
- Measure how long a visitor is on our website;
- Determine in which order a visitor visits the different pages of our webshop.
A cookie is placed via our website from the American company Google, as part of the “Analytics” service. We use this service to track and get reports on how visitors use the website. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. We have no influence on this. We have not allowed Google to use the information obtained for other Google services.
The information collected by Google is made anonymous as far as possible. Your personal data and IP address are expressly not provided. The information is transferred by Google and stored on servers in the United States. Google claims to adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles and is affiliated with the Privacy Shield program of the US Department of Commerce. This means that there is an adequate level of protection for the processing of any personal data.
Some pages of our website contain so-called "embedded elements". These are texts, documents, images or videos that are stored with another party and are shown on our website.
Right to inspect and correct or delete your data
You have the right to request access to and the correction or deletion of your data. Use our contact page for this. To prevent misuse, we may ask you to identify yourself adequately. When it comes to access to personal data linked to a cookie, you must send a copy of the cookie in question. You can find this in your browser settings.
For the cookies that third parties place and the possible data that they collect with these, we refer you to the statements of these parties on their own websites. Please note that these statements can change regularly, Zolio B.V. has no influence on this.